3 Weeks Post TT, Lipo Of Flanks, Axilla, and Saddle Bags, I Notice A Bulge Around Bra Line?

Following week 3 post-op tummy tuck (after 60 # weight loss) with lipo flanks, axilla, and saddle bags I'm noticing a bulge around bra line. Is this a normal area to be swollen still? Wondering if I might need more surgery later.

"Bulge" after Tummy Tuck/Liposuction?

+1

Yes, it is very possible that the “bulge"  you describe is related to swelling and/or lack of skin redraping  at this stage after surgery.  I would suggest continued patience and follow up with your plastic surgeon who is the best position to advise and/or treat any abnormal swelling.

Bulge by bra line after lipo and tummy tuck

+1

It is very possible that the bulge you see is swelling or possibly fat. Hard to say without an exam. You should ask your doctor.

3 weeks after TT and lipo, are bulges normal?

+1

Yes, It takes many weeks for swelling and irregularities to resolve. I tell my patinets that as swelling goes down, you will notice more irregularities as swelling resolves in some areas and is maintained in others, relax, discuss your concerns with your surgeon and follow his instructions.

Jonathan Weiler, MD
Baton Rouge Plastic Surgeon

Bra Line Swelling

+1

Due to liposuction into the axilla, you may have swelling in the upper flank area for some time.  Its a difficult place to place a compression garment to resolve the swelling.  A compression vest may be in option.  At week 3 you will still see some changes with time as swelling resolves.  If the area is swollen yet soft and supple after 8 weeks, you may consider a revision liposuction in the area.  

John Michael Thomassen, MD
Fort Lauderdale Plastic Surgeon