Is It Possible to Have a Normal Stomach? (photo)

I had surgery as a newborn which left me with 2 long scars going across my mid section horizontally. The bottom scar gives me the most trouble since the scar seemed to have cut in between the fat and muscle causing a fat pouch to hang over the scar. I have no idea what I can do to have a normal stomach. Is there any scar revision or anything i can do to get rid of this?

+2

Yes a scar revision to even the layers of tissue so there is no vest over pants effect can be done. Even under local anesthesia. 

Your stomach can look a lot more normal.

+2

Hi.

It looks quite easy to correct the dents. Yo need a "vest over pants" scar revision, and perhaps also some fat transfer into the cavity.

George J. Beraka, MD (retired)

Scar revision of the abdomen and stomach areas. Los Angeles

+1

Scar revision and liposuction can help contour the scar and abdomen more appropriately.  These should be less invasive procedures and can yield excellent results. Raffy Karamanoukian Los Angeles

Raffy Karamanoukian, MD, FACS