Is It Normal to Still Have Swelling in the Chin Area 5 Weeks Post Chin Implant/neck Lipo?

I had a chin implant and neck lipo 5 weeks ago. My chin looks slightly bolbous making it look and feel like it is too big. Could it still be slightly swollen? My lower lip still not entirely feeling back to 100% yet, and the lip looks slightly smaller. I have a little problem eating (the likes of pizza) and sometimes bite my lip if not careful. I can no longer see my bottom teeth but truth be told I feel like it has relaxed SOME. Tho perhaps it is wishful thinking? Is this all normal?

Chin implants look good at 3 months

+3

I always tell my patients that they will NOT like their chin implants the first 2 months after surgery.  Around 3 months post-op you will start liking the way it looks.  And its normal for the lower lip to look smaller especially in the beginning.  But the shape of the lips and smile usually always improve after chin augmentation.  So be patient, but communicate your concerns to your surgeon.

Swelling after chin implants and neck liposuction can take time to go down

+1

The combination of chin augmentation and liposuction of the neck can cause swelling in some patients that can take weeks or months to completely resolve.  It is important to follow your surgeon's instructions religiously before and after surgery to get the best results. This includes strictly avoiding medication for two weeks before surgery that can thin your blood and cause excessive bleeding during and after surgery which can increase swelling and delay your recover.  Avoiding excessive chewing and talking for a few day after surgery can help as well as keeping your head elevated for at least a week and use of ice packs for the first 48 hours.  Religiously wearing your garment for at least a week is also important.  After 5 weeks, there is not much to do except be patient. 

Columbus Plastic Surgeon

Swelling 6 weeks after chin implant

+1

Your chin and neck would still be expected to have swelling this soon after surgery. The decreased sensation isn't typical but may occur after chin implant surgery. It's is usually due to nerve swelling and it can take several months to resolve.

Web reference: http://www.drlamperti.com

Swelling 5 Weeks Post Chin Implant

+1

Although unusual, the amount of swelling you describe is possible 5 weeks after placement of a chin implant and neck liposuction, but I suggest you talk to your surgeon. It is good that you continue to improve.