Is it normal to still have facial swelling (upper lip area) 7 weeks post Rhinoplasty?

I am 7 weeks post-op primary rhinoplasty and still have some facial swelling, mainly concentrated at and around my upper lip. Despite now being able to smile fully, it remains odd-looking and I think it's due to this swelling.. Is this normal at this stage after the surgery?

+1
I would address your concerns with your surgeon.  It is too early to make a determination about the final result.

Swelling after rhinoplasty

+1
Anywhere from 80 - 90% of the swelling is resolved one month after rhinoplasty.  That remaining 10 - 20% resolves over the course of the year.  Swelling in the area of the lip is typically due to work that was done near the base of the nose and the end of the septum.  If a lot of work was done in that area, it could be the reason why you have persistent swelling.  I would discuss your concerns with your doctor as he/she knows what was done, your underlying medial history and what your expectations should be with regard to the swelling.  The good news is that swelling resolves eventually.

Jennifer Parker Porter, MD
Chevy Chase Facial Plastic Surgeon

Facial swelling seven weeks after rhinoplasty

+1
Thank you for your question.  Usually by seven weeks the swelling in the lip and face area has decreased significantly.  If you are concern please see her plastic surgeon for an exam.

Brooke R. Seckel, MD, FACS