Is It Normal to Be Sore After Explant Surgery?

I had explant a year ago from submuscular implants and still feel sore. Some days are worse. I did not have replacement implants. Some times very achey.

Sore after implant removal

It is a bit unusual for a patient to feel sore one year after implant removal. Perhaps you have some scar tissue that still needs to soften?

Scar massage for achy breasts one year after implant removal (explantation)

Breast pain 1 year after implant removal (explantation) should be generally decreasing with time. Topical scar massage may help ease the discomfort. You should discuss with your surgeon

Yes, soreness is normal

Some soreness and achiness is normal after explant surgery.  In most cases it's a lot less painful than having them placed the first time under the muscle.  Pain can vary from person to person, some patients have pain with the smallest procedure and a small percentage seem to have no pain no matter which procedure they have.  This should resolve with time.