Is It Normal to Have Uneven Swelling After a Tummy Tuck?

Is it normal to have the right side of the abd more swollen than the left?? and after my md took off my Jp drain it's been a week 1/2 and my other site is not close yet! is that normal?How long will i wait??? getting frustrated n its hurting me bad. its hard to use my binder too coz it hurts when you put pressure. please help

Pain after tummy tuck.

+1

You should call your PS office and speak to someone about this.  It is always best to keep close contact with him/her to make sure your recovery is progressing.  It is normal to have uneven swelling. 

Tummy tucks may swell...

+1

It is not uncommon to have firm swelling of the lower half of the abdomen after tummy tuck. If the there is marked asymmetry from one side to the other it could be a fluid or blook collection. Most resolve with time but some need to be treated. You may want to see your doctor again.

Christine Hamori, MD