Is It Normal Not to Show in Pregnancy After Lipo?

My sister is 19 weeks pregnant with her second child & you can't even tell she is pregnant. She had lipo like a year in a half ago so I wasn't sure if that's normal or not? With her first child she was already showing at 19weeks

Pregnancy and Liposuction

+1

Thank you for your question about liposuction effects on pregnancy.

• often pregnancy does not show until about 5 months,
  • muscles stretch from a first baby, pregnancy may show later with the second, 
  • tummy liposuction removes fat and can delay the 'show' for a few weeks,
  • if your sister is concerned about her pregnancy, she should see her obstetrician promptly. Hope this helps. Best wishes.

Does liposuction affect how someone looks while pregnant?

+1

Liposuction addresses fat above the muscle layer of the abdomen. Weight gain in this layer is a very small part of pregnancy. When and how much someone shows can be very different from pregnancy to pregnancy. The liposuction really doesn't have anything to do with it.

Dana Goldberg, MD
Jupiter Plastic Surgeon

+1

What shows in pregnancy is the stretching of the abdominal wall due to the growing baby and placenta. Liposuction will not conceal that. Best wishes for the rest of the pregnancy.