Is It Normal That I'm Shaped Like a Pear at 7 Weeks Post-op TT? (photo)

Is it normal that I'm shaped like a up side down pear at 7 weeks post-op the swelling is from under my breast to just above my BB and didn't have any lipo Plezz & Ty

How MUCH improvement will I have after a Tummy Tuck without Liposuction?

+1

Without a Before photograph to compare to tour After photograph it is impossible to assess your progress or improvement. 

Your shape after tummy tuck

+1

Thanks for your question.  You are still early after surgery and have some swelling.  Without a before picture it is hard to tell how your shape has changed since surgery. 

Vishnu Rumalla, MD

+1

Very hard to answer because we need before photos to compare. My guess is your shape has improved to some degree but maybe not to the extent you desired, ie "realistic expectations". 

Is It Normal That I'm Shaped Like a Pear at 7 Weeks Post-op TT?

+1

It is normal to have swelling after a tummy tuck, and in fact the final contour may not be apparent for as long as 6 months.  Also, you must remember that a tummy tuck tightens skin and most often the underlying muscles, but it does not thin out the thickness of a person's fat (liposuction does that) nor the intra-abdominal fat that is in your peritoneal cavity around your bowels (diet alone does that).  If you were under the impression that a tummy tuck alone would improve those aspects of your tummy, then you no doubt will be disappointed. Without seeing your pre-operative photos, it is difficult to say how much of what you are seeing is due to swelling, which should resolve over time, as opposed to excess subcutaneous and/or intra-abdominal fat, which will not.  After 6 months, reassess your contour and discuss this with your surgeon if you are not happy with your result.

Robert M. Grenley, MD

Tummy tuck shape after two months

+1

It is too eaarly to see your final shape after tummy tuck, and most will still have stiffness and swelling, particularly in the lower abdomen. Tummy tuck takes fairly long to heal, though you are now at a point that you can begin to exercise and trim additional weight. Ask for photos after to see your progress.

peterejohnsonmd.com

Post tummy tuck pear shape

+1
Hi Buffy-You are still very swollen and, of course, without seeing a pre-op photo, it's impossible to assess the degree of improvement. The swelling will resolve gradually and then you'll have a much accurate picture as to the final result.

Robert L. Kraft, MD

Shape after tummy tuck

+1

It takes up to 6 months to see the final contour from tummy tuck.  Usually you would see swelling in the lower abdomen/pubic region as they are the dependent locations in our body.  You would also see swelling in the areas of liposuction such as waist or flanks.  It is not as common to see swelling right under your bra.  I wonder whether you had some amount of fat prior to surgery.  If you did, you may need liposuction in the future.  For now, I would wait for next couple months; you should also talk with your plastic surgeon.

Sugene Kim, MD

Need to compare pre and post op photos

+1

You should go back to your doctor for some pre and postop photos and compare them with the doctor.  Only seeing the difference will let you know how much change has occurred and will allow you to address any concerns you might have.

Richard P. Rand, MD, FACS

Pear-Shape after My Tummy Tuck

+1

Dear buffyduck,

Without pre-operative photos it is impossible to address your concerns.  Also, please remember that your result is only seven weeks removed from your surgery and there will still be many changes to come.  Please discuss your concerns with your plastic surgeon who can help you understand where you are in the recovery process.

Hope this helps.

Herluf G. Lund, Jr, MD
Saint Louis Plastic Surgeon

Tummy Tuck Results?

+1

Thank you for the question and pictures.

Much of the final appearance of your torso after tummy tuck surgery,  will depend on the appearance of your torso prior to surgery.

It may be helpful for you to remember that at 7 weeks  you are  not seeing the end results of the tummy tuck surgery. Generally, it takes many months for swelling to resolve after tummy tuck surgery and it may take up to one year  (or greater)  a complete skin redraping  to occur.

I would suggest,  all the easier said than done,  continued patience and follow-up with your plastic surgeon.

Don't be surprised if you are very pleased with the results of your surgery several months down the line.