Is it normal to have this (see pic) 3 wks 4 days after restylane in Tear troughs? Will it get better or is there a problem?

After both eyes healing well I went back 1 mth later to have more restylane put in both TT (slightly more in the left). They both swelled and bruised pretty bad the 2nd time around. Now my left TT hasn't healed yet (see pic) its been 3 wks & 4 days! Is this normal? My other eye has healed again beautifully but I am really concerned about the left one. I live 3 planes away from my Dr! I read all the time that 2-3 wks is the norm to heal! why is mine taking longer or is there a problem? panicking!

+2

It’s possible too much product was applied to the left eye and is why it’s taking longer to heal, its best you seek a provider in your area for a further evaluatation, you may need hyaluronidase injected to help break down the product

Healing after filler to tear troughs

+2

I would suggest going to see your provider for further evaluation. It seems that possibly too much product was used or/and injected a bit too superficial. Next time I would also suggest staying with a provider within your state/city in case follow up is needed. Not sure where exactly you are located, but we have skilled registered nurses with yrs of experience here at our office that will be more than happy to provide any future services/treatments if needed.

George T. Boris, MD, FRCS, FACS