Is It Normal That I Got These Scars / White Spots from Laser Lipolysis?

I got these spots on the left and right side of my waist where the operation was preformed. Will it go away? It's been four months now, what if it doesn't go away? Is there anything I can do about it?

(PHOTO) It appears that you have scars & permanent hypopigmentation from the laser lipolysis

+1

It appears that you have scars and likley permanent hypopigmentation from the laser lipolysis procedures.

Scars after laser lipolysis

+1

Scarring is a risk of any procedure. The appearance may improve with time. Scars are permanent. Pigmentation issues can sometimes be improved with medical tattooing over the area, a color consistent with your skin tone. 

Hayley Brown, MD

Laser Liposuction Burn Scars - The REAL Danger of Laser Liposuction

+1

Regarding: "Is It Normal That I Got These Scars / White Spots from Laser Lipolysis?
I got these spots on the left and right side of my waist where the operation was preformed. Will it go away?
It's been four months now, what if it doesn't go away? Is there anything I can do about it?"

Dear Ms. Piggy in Hong Kong,

We have several issues to go over.

First, I THINK you may have a low self-esteem issue. I do not like anyone, especially a Cosmetic Surgery patient referring to themselves as Piggy. From the little you display in your photograph it is completely unwarranted.

Secondly, I am afraid to tell you that you are looking at 4 month old BURN scars. This underlines the rather common complications we are beginning to see with Laser Liposuction which is NOT seen with other safer forms of liposuction.

The silvery thin areas are not normal skin and do not have normal fat. Even if these sunken areas could be lifted with fat grafts which I doubt due to probable full thickness scar tethering, the thin scar tissue will remain. A better option, depending on the location and skin laxity is surgically removing these areas. The success will depend on skin suppleness and an intact blood supply.

Good Luck.

Dr. Peter Aldea

White spots after laser lipo

+1

It appears to me that these spots are where the laser may have been superficial as they also appear to be indented.  Sometimes the laser can cause a burn under the skin and leave these spots.  Discuss the problem with your plastic surgeon as he/she may be able to improve this with some fat injections.

Steven Schuster, MD
Boca Raton Plastic Surgeon