Normal to Have Rippling of a Silicone Implant 2 Weeks Postop?

I had breast augmentation on 07/16/10. I am almost 3 weeks post op. My left breast already looks fabulous, but my right breast has a visable indention, and I can feel some rippling. I called my PS and was told that it was normal to have things like this happen, while the breast are settlig into the pocket and forming the capsule. I am so worried that my breast is going to look like this forever. Is this normal or should I be worried. I dont see my PS for 2 more weeks. What should I do?

Rippling of implants

+1

All implants can ripple. It will happen more commonly in very thin patients and also more likely with saline implants.

Rippling Silicone Gel Implants

+1
All breast implants ripple but silicone implants ripple less than saline implants do. For this reason, we prefer to cover implants with as much soft tissue as possible (IE muscle). Ripples may be felt along the bottom or side of a submuscular implant but should not be felt along the upper pole unless there is poor coverage or the implant flips from a submuscular back to an under the breast pocket. I would suggest you see your surgeon to make sure this is part of the normal healing process. Dr. Peter A. Aldea

Folds and ripples early after breast implant augmentation

+1

I would confirm with his/her office and ask for an earlier appointment if this causes you concern. IF it is visible you can send him/her a picutre.