Is This Normal Rhinoplasty Swelling 9 Months Post Op?

I had septo/rhino9 months ago. It was shortened and the tip was reduced in size, removed a hump straightened a deviated septum. Initially, in the first few months I was very pleased with the new look and also keeping in mind that lots of residual swelling was to come down. After about 3 months, I started to feel that swelling was rather increasing then decreasing. The tip is still very big for my nose and I don't like the left side of the tip as opposed to the right. Let me know of your opinions.

Swelling after Rhinoplasty

+1

The swelling that you have experienced following your rhinoplasty is normal.  I advise my patients that after surgery they will most likely experience some noticeable swelling that will subside within two to six weeks.  Patients should know some minor swelling can remain for as long as six to nine months, and their nasal contour may continue to change.  Final results may not be seen until the six month mark. It is likely that you will not see any signifigant changes after nine months.  I suggest discussing your concerns with your surgeon.  Best of luck, Dr. Clevens

Melbourne Facial Plastic Surgeon

Nasal Swelling 9 Months after Rhinoplasty

+1

It is not normal to swelling increase after rhinoplasty. Consult with your surgeon. It is impossible to determine if your swelling is normal without knowing what was done and seeing current pictures.

Swelling after rhinoplasty

+1

Hard to evaluate this without pictures......  After nine months, though, I doubt things will change any more.

Daniel Greenwald, MD

Nasal tip swelling at 9 months post rhinoplasty

+1

At minimum, photographs are necessary to provide you with any useful information. Generally, swelling of the tip can take up to a year and even sometimes longer to maximally subside.

Contact your surgeon regarding your concern.

Steven Turkeltaub, MD

+1

You would need to send pictures before and after your Rhinoplasty for a further evaluation.  At 9 months, following a Rhinoplasty, the results will most likely not change much from what they are right now.

Swelling

+1

This is a difficult question to answer without seeing you or your pictures. You still have a way to go to final healing but, you are probably seeing differential reduction in swelling

David A. Bray, Sr., MD