Is This a Normal Result So Far for Abdominal Liposuction (5 Weeks Post-op)?

I had stomach liposuction about 5 weeks ago. Back was done several days later. Thighs done last week and arms done yesterday. Are these normal results for the abs? I am having a hard time with the tissue right between my ribs in front. It is hard and sensitive.

How Liposuction Area Looks At 5 Weeks Post Surgery

+3

5 weeks is way too early to assess.   Generally all peocedures are done on the same day, but if staging is desired it is okay.  You remain more brused than most but brusing gos away.  The ripples will lessen over time.  Remember it takes 1 year for the healing process.  When all of you numbness is gone and feeling more or less normal, that will be close to the end result.  Dend us a photo at 3 months, and 6 months and 12 months and we can assess better.  Talk to your Doctor about massage etc to speed thing along but remember 95% is time.  There is no magic in the healing process. Good Luck

Palo Alto Plastic Surgeon

Too Aggressive Liposuction?

+1

From your photos, it appears that there is loose skin between your ribs and umbilicus.  It is really unusual to stage liposuction this way.  I would guess that your surgeon was not a Board Certified Plastic Surgeon (American Board of Plastic Surgery) and that your procedure was performed under local anesthesia.

Some of the rippling may improve, but I suspect that the supra-umbilical laxity will not.  An abdominoplasty would help.  If you would like a smaller procedure, elevation of your breast creases would lift somewhat on your upper abdomen and tighten that skin.. 

William H. Huffaker, MD
Saint Louis Plastic Surgeon

Liposuction Results Normal

+1

Thank you for the question and pictures.

The pictures you present demonstrate “normal” bruising and irregularity after liposuction surgery.

With all due respect, I wonder if this was the ideal procedure for you ( or if you will end up with significant skin contour irregularities of the abdominal wall that will require further surgery to fix,  as much as possible).

Liposuction, healing, and irregularities

+1

There is much more healing to occur and in the next few months some areas will retract more.  There might be further improvement with deep tissue massage such as Velashape or endermologie.

Ronald Shelton, MD

You need endermology treatment

+1
Your results will not improve much without intervention. You should have had mini tummy tuck with your liposuction to remove excess skin. For now I would strongly suggest endermology treatment to try to even out the skin. I suggest this to all my post liposuction patient and they start it week after surgery. It may be little late in your case but better than nothing.

Kamran Khoobehi, MD
New Orleans Plastic Surgeon

Liposuction and results

+1

At five weeks it is way too early to see the final results and you have to give it time to heal and for the swelling to subside.

+1

If you can accept the ripples than your result is normal. In my opinion they will not improve much. From MIAMI Dr. Darryl j. Blinski