Is It Normal to Put Stitches IN an Earlobe?

My surgeon put stitches IN my earlobe (neck lift) which was excrutiating. He wrapped a lot of metal around the earlobes also.He refused to remove them until the rest a week later. Now in my fourth month my ears are numb and still in terrible pain. And I am stilll dealing with neck pain even with all the drugs i have been given by my internest and neurologist for nerve damage. Any suggestions? Who would I see for help? I have not worked in three months. Thank you. MJ

+1

Stitches can be placed to secure the skin margins and underneath the skin as well near the earlobe.

Stitches IN an Earlobe During Neck Lift?

+1

Thank you for your question. Stitches in an earlobe are normal. If some were put under the skin, then may be causing you irritation as they absorb. Contact your surgeon, and inquire on the stitches used, and if there are any under the skin. I hope this helps.

Vivek Bansal, MD
Danville Plastic Surgeon

NECKLIFT

+1

Your pain is out of the ordinary for this procedure. I would follow closely with your surgeon to find the source of it. Sutures in the earlobe are totally normal and help prevent the ear being pulled off from a sweater going over the head

Ryan Neinstein, MD, FRCSC