Is It Normal to Have Pulling Around Eyes, Cheeks, Under Chin and Tenderness After 3 Months Post Bleph?

I just want to know when I can expect relief from the pulling, the prickling and the tenderness I feel from my upper and lower blephs, a facelift and the incision in the neck where muscle was cut. It has been 3 mo and I still have pain over my cheekbones, feel like I am wearing tight goggles, and have feeling of a noose around by neck. I really get depressed at times.

Tenderness and pain after facelift

+1

Hello Fiona12,

This can be and it will improve.  Even when everything is done perfectly you can have healing that can be like this.  The noose feeling?  Take heart, this may be better for you in the long run.  If it's tight now it will loosened.  It can take as much as 6 months with some though not typically.

The eyes, depending on the technique, can have a lump at the corners.  That too, will go away.

Just keep close contact with your surgeon and if find something to occupy your time.  Don't let us off the hook, it's our job to counsel you through these episodes and address your concerns.  I do believe you'll do fine as time passes.  Keep it mind,  you had REAL surgery.  Three months is a bit early and I'm sure  you're going to be better and look great.  We as surgeons have all had patients who have taken longer than average to feel themselves again.

Chase Lay, MD

Bay Area Facial Plastic Surgeon