Is It Normal to Have Pain 6 Weeks After Revision Rhinoplasty?

I had revision rhinoplasty performed 6 weeks ago and I am experiencing huge pain on both sides of the nose (especially on right). It is still very swallen but that is expected at this stage. I did not experience pain after first surgery, so this really worries me. Is it normal to have pain 6 weeks after? Regular Tylenor does not help with pain.

Is it normal to have pain 6 weeks after revision rhinoplasty?

+1

If you are experiencing pain 6 weeks after surgery, it may be due to another issue and I would recommend following up with your surgeon right away. I hope this helps, and feel better!

Pain 6 Weeks after Revision Rhinoplasty

+1

Pain 6 weeks after revision rhinoplasty is unusual and should be evaluated by your plastic surgeon. Kenneth Hughes, MD Los Angeles, CA

Pain Out of Ordinary After Rhinoplasty

+1

I would advise you to see your rhinoplasty surgeon as soon as possible since it is a little unusual for someone to get pain like this 6 weeks out from surgery. There is always the concern for some infectious complication, although there are usually more signs than just pain. Get in to your doctor's office! 

John M. Hilinski, MD
San Diego Facial Plastic Surgeon