Is It Normal to Be in Pain One Month After Laser Lipolysis?

I am a 59 year old healthy female that had 1100cc fat removed from abdomen and thighs with laser lipolysis. I wore the compression garment for 2 weeks and followed instructions. The healing process and pain can be compared to my hysterectomy. Is it normal to be in pain one month later?

Pain one month after laser lipolysis

+1

Absolutely NOT!!! You may have has Vaser or Ultrasonic also. After 2,500 cases of laser lipo I have NEVER seen pain for more than 2 weeks.

From MIAMI Dr. B

Pain after laser liposuction

+1

You have not mentioned how much you weighed preoperativly nor how tall you are. The amount of fat removed may be a normal amount from two body sites, but if your body build is such that this amount of fat removed left you skeletonized then pain can be expected.  See your surgeon to determine if you're healing OK.

Ronald Shelton, MD

This is unusual

+1

I do laser lipo and I have not seen this. You need to go back your surgeon(make sure your surgeon is board certified plastic surgeon) and if he is not helpful,find a board certified plastic surgeon. From your age and amount of fat removed, you were a good candidate for tummy tuck not  laserlipo.

Kamran Khoobehi, MD
New Orleans Plastic Surgeon

Prolonged Pain After Laser Liposuction

+1

Unlike regular (tumescent) liposuction either manual or power assisted (PAL) which only use vacuum to remove excess fat, laser liposuction first uses a hot fiber to literally melt / cook all structures it touches before suctioning the resulting debris. As a result the hot laser fiber goes across and damages / destroys fat, blood vessels (hence the lower bruising; no vessels to cause bruising) and nerves. Injuries to nerves may be notoriously hard to treat and may be associate with pain or other unpleasant sensory symptoms.

in My opinion, there is NOTHING "Smart" about Smart Lipo for the patient. The company on the other hand is making a lot of money.

You SHOULD discuss it with your surgeon and see what he has to offer.

Pain after laser lipolysis.

+1

I don't use lasers for liposuction since I feel it gives no real advantage in the results vs. PAL liposuction. It is not normal to have that type of pain 1 month after liposuction. See your surgeon for evaluation.