Is It Normal to Have Pain in Rib Cage Area Under Breasts, on Sides, and All the Way Down to the Groin Area Post BA?

I have 286cc mid-range silicone unders & am 4 wks PO. I had tremendous bruising & fluid collection in my abs which continued traveling to my groin. The swelling is gone, as well as the majority of the bruising. My concern is the pain I feel over my entire rib cage, abs, groin, and obliques. The pain is just as strong today as it was 1 week PO. I don't need pain pills, but cringe when these areas are touched. I have very little pain in my breasts.

Pain to Groin after Breast Augmentation

+2

Given the history of migrating fluid and blood down your abdomen, you should be examined to determine that you are healing well at this point.  Kenneth Hughes, MD Los Angeles, CA

Pain in rib cage after breast augmentation

+2

Pain in the rib cage can be quite normal after a short while after surgery. But 4 wks later it is a bit unusual and probably shoudl be evaluated by your doctor.

+2

I wouldn't say this is normal, but everyone's recovery is unique. I am not particularly troubled other than for your discomfort. The pain seems to be limited to the area of bruising, and blood in the tissues can cause inflammation which is an explanation for the sensory disturbance. I would expect this to resolve and the bruising reabsorbs. 

Discuss with your surgeon. All the best.