Is It Normal to Have on Nostril a Different Shape/size Than the Other 12 Days After Rhinoplasty/ Turbinate Reduction?

So I had rhinoplasty 12 days ago and I'm hating my nose. I miss my old nose and going through major depression. They narrowed my bridge and my tip, and took a small bump off the bridge. Honestly I wanted the nose I had, but a little smaller. Now, my nose looks narrow with a huge tip and one of the nostrils is a different shape & size than the other and it's very noticeable from the front & side. I understand there's a lot of swelling, but will they eventually even out?

Nostril asymmetry after rhinoplasty

+1

Nostril asymmetry is not uncommon 1-2 weeks after surgery. It also very common to go through depression over the appearance of the nose right after surgery - it's a major change to your face! I warn my patients that they will feel this right after surgery and it is inevitable. As the swelling goes down you will be happier about the appearance. The tip of your nose holds on to the most swelling so you have to be patient.

+1

This early after rhinoplasty, it is premature to be concerned about the final result.   The swelling is going to be very prominent at this early stage.  I would follow with your surgeon.                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                      Kenneth Hughes, MD