Is It Normal for my Nose to Be Swollen 9 Months After Rhinoplasty?

I had my rhinoplasty 9 months ago. The swelling of my nose seems to fluctuate by the day. Some days it looks really good and other days the opposite. It looks much less swollen than it did after rhinoplasty but also doesn't seem as aesthetically appealing as it did in the early stages after surgery. It might be because of the swelling that persists. Is this normal and is there anything I can do to control it like taping my nose when I sleep? Could working out everyday be causing this?

Swelling 9 months after Rhinoplasty.

+2

While you could technically still have some residual swelling 9 months after a Rhinoplasty, your photos look as if the fullness could be from excess scar tissue formation from your previous Rhinoplasty.  This may require a Revision Rhinoplasty to remove the scar tissue, daily nasal massage beginning at 1 month post Rhinoplasty and possible kenallog 10 injections within the first 1-6 months post-op in an attempt to stop the scar tissue from coming back.

Web reference: http://www.drfpalmer.com