Is It Normal for Your Nose to Collapse (valve)?

Is it normal for your nose to collapse(valve) 7-11 months after rhinoplasty revision surgery? I bumped it a few times not very hard but noticed it seemed like it was more flexible and breathing is difficult.

Nasal valve collapse not normal

+2

Collapse of the nasal valves is not a normal or expected consequence of rhinoplasty - unfortunately it does happen at times and revision surgery is required for correction

Web reference: http://www.seattlerhinoplasty.com/html/index.php

Nasal collapse after revision rhinoplasty

+1

If you bumped your nose hard enough after undergoing a revision rhinoplasty, it is entirely possible that you displaced something in your nasal valve region that will need to be addressed. I would seek the advice of your previous rhinoplasty surgeon if you feel comfortable with him/her and if not then I would seek the advice of a rhinoplasty expert. I hope this information helps.

Jacksonville Facial Plastic Surgeon

Is it normal for the nasal valve to collapse after rhinoplasty

+1

It isn't normal for the nose to collapse after surgery. If you're noting breathing difficulties I would recommend an evaluation by a rhinoplasty specialist to assess your nose and come up with possible treatments.

Web reference: http://www.drlamperti.com/facial-plastic-surgery/rhinoplasty

Nasal obstruction after revision rhinoplasty surgery may be improved, typically without additional surgery.

+1

Your "nasal valve" is composed of your septum, turbinates, and tip cartilages. If your tip cartilages have been weakened or resected after your rhinoplasty surgery, you should consult your surgeon or an experienced ENT. You might benefit from a prescription nasal spray, or possibly an in-office turbinate reduction procedure. Night time nasal blockage from valve collapse responds well to Breathe Right nasal strips.

I hope this is helpful for you.

Web reference: http://nosejobphotos.com/

West Orange Facial Plastic Surgeon

Nose Collapse on inspiration is NOT a normal activity

+1

Regarding: "Is It Normal for Your Nose to Collapse (valve)?
Is it normal for your nose to collapse(valve) 7-11 months after rhinoplasty revision surgery? I bumped it a few times not very hard but noticed it seemed like it was more flexible and breathing is difficult
"

Collapse of the middle part of the nose is definitely NOT normal and is a worrisome event especially after a revision rhinoplasty (if indeed it is the case). This needs to be fully evaluated to see if indeed a collapse is taking place and if it is, to present you with your options for a correction.

Dr. Peter Aldea

Breathing Obstruction after Revision Rhinoplasty

+1

You need a thorough examination to determine the cause of your breathing obstruction, whether or not it is secondary to valvular narrowing. Eleven months after rhinoplasty, your surgeon will be able to make a diagnosis and recommend treatment alternatives.

Breathing difficulty

+1

Nasal collapse and nasal valves problems after rhinoplasty need a complete evaluation and determine the exact cause of the collapse, Is it the external or internal valve?

once an appropriate diagnosis is made, then the right plan of treatment can be discussed with you by your surgeon.

Nasal collapse after nose job

+1

Nasal collapse can be described as dynamic (inspiratory) or static. A mild degree of the former is normal whereas the latter may need to be treated. Generall speaking, scars soften after 6-9 months and this may give the impression of a collapse as the skin and structures become more supple and flexible. Treatment depends on whether it is a functional problem.