Is It Normal for the Nipple to Secrete After Breast Augmentation?

I have secreting out of my nipples like when I was pregnant not a lot but a little. is this normal?

Galactorrhea

+1

Some discharge after breast augmentation from the nipples can happen. This usually subsides on its own.

Secretion common after breast augmentations

+1

Yes, it is not a rare thing to see secretions after the procedure. In fact, I have seen increased sweating from the entire areola. This is due to changes in the nerve supply to the nipple areola and also to the change in breast volume.  You should see a decrease over time.

Chapel Hill Plastic Surgeon

It is normal to see nipple secretions following breast augmentation

+1

Nipple secretions, or galactorrhea, can be very common after breast augmention.  And although these secretions may be troublesome and concerning for most patients, rest assured that this can be a normal process.  The secretions tend to be self limited but if they progress or simply do not go away, see your Plastic Surgeon to make sure that there is not something else going on.

I hope this helps!

Web reference: http://www.beautybybuford.com/services/breast/augmentation-denver-colorado/

Denver Plastic Surgeon

Nipple Secretion After Breast Augmentation = Galactorrhea

+1

Yes, having a discharge out of your  nipples like when you were pregnant , after a breast augmentation, does occur infrequently.

This discharge / secretion from the breast is called galactorhea.  Galactorrhea is the spontaneous flow of milk from the nipple at any time other than during nursing.

It should stop over the next few months after a breast augmentation.  Give it some time.

Dr. Carlos Cordoba
MDCM, CSPQ, FRCS, FACS
Plastic & Esthetic Surgeon
4055 Ste-Catherine O. Suite 100
Montreal, QC. Canada H3Z 3J8
514-932-7667

Montreal Plastic Surgeon

Breast augmentation

+1

yes, it occurs.  the secretion is called galactorrhea (secretion of milk!).  this is self limiting and will subside in a short time.

Nipple ioncretions after breast implant insertoi

+1

Galactorrrhea (milk production) is not uncommon after breast augmentation and generally subsides without the need for medicaitons or treamtent.

Web reference: http://www.bodysculptor.com/