Does This Look Normal After Liposuction? My Waist is Pretty Small. (photo)

My stomach has some wrinkles in it and my PS said it was from making the incision very short. Is this true? I would have rather had the incision extended if it would have alleviated the wrinkles. Pleased with results that my tummy is flat. It looks very nice in my clothes and no one can tell I have wrinkles. The wrinkles appears to be flattening out each day. I'm 6 weeks PO and still have tons of swelling. I had lipo on my entire back and it's still very swollen. Are my results normal?

Does This Look Normal After Liposuction? My Waist is Pretty Small.

+3

Your result appears as if either you or your surgeon was trying to cut a corner. That is using the shorter incision only allows this appearance. In my opinion it will not correct itself with out doing the complete TT again with a longer incision and undermining. Sorry. 

Normal after TT with lipo?

+2

I would tell you that it looks like your surgeon has done a good job. there is lots of swelling after a TT with extensive lipo and I would say that 6 weeks is still early. I tell my patients that at 6 weeks you will look good in clothes but not naked and that seems to be where you are right now. I would tell you to relax and allow the healing process to occur and continue to follow up with your PS. Good luck in your recovery!

Jonathan Weiler, MD
Baton Rouge Plastic Surgeon

Wrinkles after Tummy Tuck and Liposuction

+1

The wrinkles may improve for up to 6 months after tummy tuck and liposuction.  Kenneth Hughes, MD Los Angeles, CA

Tummy tuclk and liposuction

+1

At six weeks you will still have a lot of swelling and irregularity of the skin, this is not uncommon. Give it several months to heal.  More than likely it will improve with time.