Is It Normal for the Muscle Between the Eyebrows to Feel Stretched 5 Months After Blepharoplasty?

Is it normal for the muscle/skin between the brows to feel stretched 5 months after blepharoplasty and face-lift? My forehead, brow and eyelids feel normal to touch (I have topical sensation) but the sensation of being stretched and tight all the way across my head from temple to temple and over my eyelids is uncomfortable. Is this normal or is there something I can do to hasten recovery?

Forehead and Eyebrow Tightness After Blepharoplasty and Facelift Will Subside

+2

It is perfectly normal for these areas to still feel a little tight and stretched at this point. The natural processes of tissue relaxation, gravity and time will make sure that by a year after surgery, this will be not be a concern. In the long-run you may be glad that it is a little tight right now as the result may hold up better.

Stretched feeling after blepharoplasty.

+2

These will go away in 6-12 months. Each person is different and I have never seen this persist after 1 year. Nothing to do for it.

Eyebrows Feel Stretched after Blepharoplasty

+2

This is a very difficult question to answer without seeing your photographs. It is normal for your eyelids to feel tight and possibly even numb after blepharoplasty surgery. Your best option is to see your surgeon and discuss it with him or her.

David Schlessinger, MD
Long Island Oculoplastic Surgeon

+2

Best to return to discuss with your surgeon. It seems to sound normal but not sure. From MIAMI DR. Darryl j. Blinski

It’s normal to have an unusual feeling in muscles after blepharoplasty

+1

It’s normal to have an unusual feeling about the eyebrows and muscles after blepharoplasty. But, it usually gets better, although in some cases it may take up to a year.

Joseph A. Eviatar, MD, FACS
New York Oculoplastic Surgeon