Is It Normal to Have Lumps on Cheeks 3 Days Post Op from Fat Transfer?

I m currently 3 days post op. I ve had fat grafting to my cheeks ( I had hollow cheeks i wanted to correct) and some hard lumps are starting to appear on both my cheeks. Do you think it will go off as my fat transfer is recent?

Fat Transfer

+1

Lumps after fat graft to the face is common. You should gently massage the area to help soften lumps, it usually takes four to six weeks heal. If still present cortisone injections may help reduce the lumps.

Are lumps in the cheeks normal after fat grafting?

+1

This condition is extremely common after facial fat grafting. These lumps will largely disappear in the next four to six weeks as the grafts heal.  You should gently massage these areas 4-5 times daily to encourage healing and help with swelling.  Good luck.

Jacksonville Plastic Surgeon

Lumps After Cheek Fat Injections

+1

This is extremely common after facial fat grafting. These lumps will largely disappear in the next four to six weeks as the graft heals, softens and undergoes some resorption.

Web reference: http://www.eppleyplasticsurgery.com/fat-grafting.html

Lumps after fat transfer

+1

It is normal to feel the fat under the skin for the first week or so after the transfer. This will soften and improve over time. 

Too soon after surgery

+1

It is difficult to know this early after surgery whether your irregularity is swelling or irregular fat. I would discuss this with your surgeon at your 1 week postop check. He/she may recommend massage and/or injections if it is indeed irregular fat.

Web reference: http://seattleface.com/html/dr_amadi.php

Seattle Oculoplastic Surgeon

Ask a Doctor

Get personalized answers from board-certified doctors. For free.