Normal to have a lot of drainage after breast implants surgery?

I had my surgery 5 days ago and I still have my drainers and still discharging about 100ml a day from one side is this normal? What can I do to reduce the amount of draining? Color and everything looks normal. what can I do to make it better and or if there is something wrong. I was told by my surgeon that it was normal in some patients to drain more than others and he has checked on my breast and they look normal. They are swollen but not lumps or redness on them. Please help? Thank u!

Drainage After Breast Surgery

+1
Drainage After Breast Surgery

Drainage after any operation is normal and can vary side to side. Your doctor will determine what is best to do. Unfortunately, there is nothing in your control but to be patient.

Drainage after surgery

+1
Everyone drains a different amount. It really depends upon the procedure and the individual. It is best to follow closely with your surgeon.  Good luck.

Drainage

+1
That is a lot of drainage assuming this was a breast augmentation and not something more complex. Without photos or examination, I would certainly yield to your surgeon's judgement here, and stay in close contact until this is resolved. 

All the best. 

Drainage after breast surgery

+1
Without knowing what kind of surgery you had, it's difficult to answer your questions.  Overall, I would  trust what your surgeon tells you vs. any advice you would get online.

Victor Ferrari, MD, FACS
Charlotte Plastic Surgeon

I don't understand what breast surgery you had

+1
In breast augmentation I have chosen to spend time reviewing photographs with patients to fully understand their expectation of size and shape. Many times this simply raises more questions. I will make measurements and use the implant guides to allow the patient to understand exactly the sizes that are reasonable for their body type and measurements.

Please find an experienced Board Certified Plastic Surgeon and member of the Aesthetic Society using the Smart Beauty Guide. These Plastic Surgeons can guide you on all aspects of facial surgery, breast augmentation and body procedures including tummy tucks or mommy makeovers!

Robert Whitfield, MD, FACS