Red Mark on Bridge After Rhinoplasty?

I had open rhinoplasty a month ago and I am concerned with a red mark on my bridge. It looks like it could be a broken blood vessel but I am not sure. It is very noticeable and almost looks like my nose is dented. What else could cause this redness? If it is a blood vessels, will it go away?

Red mark on the bridge

+1

Dissection in a more superficial plane during rhinoplasty can sometimes lead to redness on the bridge.  This typically occurs where the hump was the highest; the redness usually resolves with time.

Westchester Facial Plastic Surgeon

Red Mark on Bridge After Rhinoplasty?

+1

Pictures or an exam would be useful to  provide a clearer picture of the clinical scenario described.                                                                                                                                                                                                                       Kenneth Hughes, MD

Convalescence from rhinoplasty may take many weeks.

+1

It is impossible to comment on your present condition. The photograph is been provided. I would bring is to the attention of your plastic surgeon.

Red Mark After Rhinoplasty

+1

Without a picture or in-person consultation, it is hard to advise. Visit your surgeon for advice. 

Babak Azizzadeh, MD

Red Mark on Bridge

+1

Without photos it is not possible to determine what the red mark on your bridge is.  Discuss this with your Plastic Surgeon to determine if a revision is needed.

Robert E. Zaworski, MD