Red Mark on Bridge After Rhinoplasty?

I had open rhinoplasty a month ago and I am concerned with a red mark on my bridge. It looks like it could be a broken blood vessel but I am not sure. It is very noticeable and almost looks like my nose is dented. What else could cause this redness? If it is a blood vessels, will it go away?

Red mark on the bridge

Dissection in a more superficial plane during rhinoplasty can sometimes lead to redness on the bridge.  This typically occurs where the hump was the highest; the redness usually resolves with time.

Westchester Facial Plastic Surgeon

Red Mark on Bridge After Rhinoplasty?

Pictures or an exam would be useful to  provide a clearer picture of the clinical scenario described.                                                                                                                                                                                                                       Kenneth Hughes, MD

Convalescence from rhinoplasty may take many weeks.

It is impossible to comment on your present condition. The photograph is been provided. I would bring is to the attention of your plastic surgeon.

Red Mark After Rhinoplasty

Without a picture or in-person consultation, it is hard to advise. Visit your surgeon for advice. 

Babak Azizzadeh, MD

Red Mark on Bridge

Without photos it is not possible to determine what the red mark on your bridge is.  Discuss this with your Plastic Surgeon to determine if a revision is needed.

Robert E. Zaworski, MD