Is It Normal to Have Hollow Shadows Running Vertically Down my Cheeks ("pull" Lines) 15 Days After Endoscopic Midface Lift?

I noticed these depressions a few days after my surgery. (I did not have them previously.) And they have not subsided. I am a thin person. Now my cheeks are huge and wide (still swollen) -- and beneath them I look very gaunt because of the hollows, which are almost an inch wide, running down the sides of my face vertically (and slightly diagonally). Does this usually resolve? If so, about how much time will it take? Thank you very much for your help.

15 Days after Endoscopic Midface Lift and Pull Lines

+1

Depending upon what was used for suspension and the level of distortion this may smooth out with time.  This is hard to answer without pictures and without knowing exactly what was done or used.  Kenneth Hughes, MD Los Angeles, CA

Lines After A Midface Lift

+1

The Midfacelift attempts to incorporate the malar fat pad and suspend it superiorly.  The lift uses either a suture or an absorbable device called an endotine.  If the suture or endotine grabs tissue to close to the surface of the skin or the cheek is not thoroughly undermined, dimpling can occur.  Usually early dimpling will resolve, but there are cases of longer lasting dimpling.  Consult with your facelift surgeon.

Anil R. Shah, MD
Chicago Facial Plastic Surgeon