Is It Normal to Have a Hair Lip Look After Lip Fillers? (photo)

I had lip fillers for the first time 2 days ago. I know that i will still have some swelling and i am still bruised. The only thing that concerns me is that i now feel that i look as if i have hair lip, thats the only way i can explain it. Will this even out? I am a smoker and im scared that this is what has made the uneven dent. Please help!!

Is It Normal to Have a Hair Lip Look After Lip Fillers?

+1

No, obviously lumpiness isn't the desired look after fillers for lip augmentation.  You didn't mention the type of filler used.  At 2 days, this could be swelling but isolated lumps at 2 days may also represent actual accumulations of the filler used to augment your lips.  It's best for you to ask the MD that did your lip augmentation.  Restylane and Juvederm are best for lip augmentation while the thicker fillers like Perlane and Radiesse should be avoided, IMHO.  Be sure that the MD you choose understnads and follws the proper aesthetics of facial beauty as there are aesthetic proportions, of the lips, that must be met (IMO) in order to create full, attractive lips.  

Web reference: http://www.drfpalmer.com

Lip augmentation

+1

Wait for all the swelling to go away, then if the lip is still lumpy and overdone,consult some one with better aesthetic sense for lip augmentation

Uneven results after lip filler injections

+1

It is always advisable to wait at least one and preferably two weeks for all of the swelling to resolve before assessing the results of lip filler injections. You probably will require a small "touch-up" injection to even things out. Hyaluronidase injections to reverse everything would be a last resort but should not be necessary. This would also be a good opportunity for you to stop smoking for lots of good reasons which include quicker healing time. Please remember, since every face is different, the experience and technique of your physician injector is the most critical part to your achieving a beautiful, natural result.

Web reference: http://www.dorsetstreetdermatology.com/cosmetic-dermatology/juvederm/

South Burlington Dermatologic Surgeon

Ask a Doctor

Get personalized answers from board-certified doctors. For free.