Is this normal from laser resurface end of day 5? (photo)

Its burning out of control...it itches like mad I can barely touch it! Could it be fungus? The white stuff is numbing cream.and the gel is Vaseline. I'm ready to go to emergency room I'm so uncomfortable.

YOu may be having an allergic reaction to one of your topical creams.

+1

If you have a full face CO2 laser, you would be expected to be red still.  However, the discomfort and itching indicate that something else is probably going on - either a mild infection or an allergy to the creams.  I would stop the anesthetic cream and use only the Vaseline.  If you notice that you get more red or more itchy with the vaseline, stop that as well.  But go see your doctor.  Benadryl will help with the itching.    

Coral Gables Oculoplastic Surgeon

Recovery after laser resurfacing

+1

Your face does not look out of the ordinary for 5 days after laser resurfacing, but you should contact the physician who treated you to tell them of your issue.  There are medications and topical treatments you can use to help and your doctor's office should be able to recommend things to make you more comfortable.  

Michael I. Echavez, MD
San Francisco Facial Plastic Surgeon