Is It Normal for Your Foot to Be Numb After a TT?

I recently had a tummy tuck about 2 days ago and I've noticed since I got released me left foot is completely numb.I'm not able to make much movement on it and it gets really cold? Is this normal or any idea why this is happening? I was told it was because the anesthesia but I'm getting a bit worried.

Foot

+2

there should be no effect on your foot after a tummy tuck. please revisit your surgeon to be evaluated.

Numbness After Tummy Tuck Likely Temporary

+2

Given your description of numbness of the foot two days after tummy tuck, a temporary nerve compression injury is the most likely diagnosis.  During longer procedures such as tummy tucks, temporary positional nerve injuries can occur.  The good news is that what you are experiencing is most likely a temporary finding.  I would discuss what your are experiencing with your surgeon.  Good luck with your recovery!

Robert F. Centeno, MD, FACS
Fairfax Plastic Surgeon

Foot Numb and Cold after Tummy Tuck?

+2

Your description is concerning; you will be best off  seeking medical attention as soon as possible.

Tummy Tuck and Foot Numbness

+1

Nothing done during a tummy tuck should cause foot numbness.  However, a nerve injury due to positioning is possible.  Most of these resolve quickly.

Is It Normal for Your Foot to Be Numb After a TT

+1

This is not normal. You should arrange to be seen by your surgeon, your anesthesiologist or your general physician to be evaluated. 

Thanks for your question, best wishes.