Is It Normal for Your Foot to Be Numb After a TT?

I recently had a tummy tuck about 2 days ago and I've noticed since I got released me left foot is completely numb.I'm not able to make much movement on it and it gets really cold? Is this normal or any idea why this is happening? I was told it was because the anesthesia but I'm getting a bit worried.

there should be no effect on your foot after a tummy tuck. please revisit your surgeon to be evaluated.

1035 Park Ave
New York City, NY 10028

Numbness After Tummy Tuck Likely Temporary

Given your description of numbness of the foot two days after tummy tuck, a temporary nerve compression injury is the most likely diagnosis.  During longer procedures such as tummy tucks, temporary positional nerve injuries can occur.  The good news is that what you are experiencing is most likely a temporary finding.  I would discuss what your are experiencing with your surgeon.  Good luck with your recovery!

Robert F. Centeno, MD, FACS
Columbus Plastic Surgeon

6499 E. Broad Street
Columbus, OH 43213

Foot Numb and Cold after Tummy Tuck?

Your description is concerning; you will be best off  seeking medical attention as soon as possible.

8851 Center Drive
San Diego, CA 91942

Tummy Tuck and Foot Numbness

Nothing done during a tummy tuck should cause foot numbness.  However, a nerve injury due to positioning is possible.  Most of these resolve quickly.

435 North Roxbury Drive
Beverly Hills, CA 90210

Is It Normal for Your Foot to Be Numb After a TT

This is not normal. You should arrange to be seen by your surgeon, your anesthesiologist or your general physician to be evaluated. 

Thanks for your question, best wishes. 

1110 112th Avenue NE
Bellevue, WA 98004