Is is Normal for One Thigh to Be More Swollen Than the the Other 2weeks Postop Thigh Liposuction?

I had lipo to my inner/outer thighs and flanks butt contouring, and fat transfer to my breasts. I am 5"4 and was 160 post op. I was told the surgeon removed 6L. The first week I was unable to walk without assistance, weak, and experienced extreme pain! This week I am feeling way better still some stiffness but am walking and feeling more energetic. I have not been released to exercise or drive yet and am worried that one leg is bruised and swollen while the other has gone down with minimal bruisin

One leg more swollen than the onther 2 weeks after liposuction

+1

One leg more swollen than the other can indicate a very serious problem. You should visit your physician immediately to,make sure you do not have a blood clot in one of your veins, which could be very dangerous. He will have to order an ultrasound study to determine this. If this is normal, your problem is probably from excessive bleeding in the swollen leg, and it will take time for this to subside. Massage and external ultrasound may help speed this process also. Physical activity will also help when your doctor agrees that you can proceed with exercise. Good luck with this.

Savannah Plastic Surgeon

Asymmetrical Swelling after Liposuction

+1

With asymmetrical swelling after liposuction (or any surgery for that matter) you need to see your doctor and make sure you do not have a blood clot in the swollen leg.  This can be achieved with a quick ultrasound study of the veins in your legs.  

Good Luck.

David Shafer, MD