Is It Normal for the Tip of the Nose (After Tip Surgery) to Be Asymetrical and HUGE?

Surgery 7 days ago on my nose/sinuses. I had a collapsed nostril, deviated septum, and bone spur. I decided to "fix" the tip of my nose as well - the tip was full of cartilage. Now the cast and splints are gone, the tip of of nose looks even worse - it is bigger than before and very asymetrical. Could this possibly be due to swelling? Also - the nostril that was collapsed does not appear to be any larger and I can't breathe any better through it. My DR is a board certified plastic surgeon/ENT.

Rhinoplasty results 7 days post op

+1

Usually hard to give an opinion without photos.  In this case, it is very early in your post operative course.  Expect significant swelling.  Sometimes noses can be swollen for up to a year after surgery.  Let your surgeon know your concerns.

7 days post surgery

+1

7 days post surgery is still very early for you to judge the results of your surgery - be patient and follow up with your surgeon

Sam Naficy, MD

Nasal swelling

+1

Nasal swelling is expected one week after rhinoplasty surgery. This is normal.  it will usually get better over a few months.

Assymetry and swelling seven days after rhinoplasty

+1

No matter how many times we say it, the question still comes up about a rhinoplasty results after a very short period of time.  The nose swells tremendously after this surgery and takes quite a while to resolve.  The skin of the nose is very specialized and acts like a sponge in holding on to water, i.e. swelling.  You need to wait AT LEAST six weeks before you START evaluating your results.

Talmage Raine MD FACS

Talmage J. Raine, MD