Is it normal for the part of nose with most graft used to be swollen? How long do I wait to get small dosage of Botox? (Photo)

I had a 2nd surgery recently (septorhinoplasty, ear graft). The side of my nose with the most graft/work is super swollen. I know time is needed for the nose to heal. I am wondering will both sides eventually reduce in size equally or will I be bigger on 1side? Just need an idea from other experienced surgeons. Doc said to tape or come back in 8 wks for steroid injections. Is it too soon?Should I tape at work? I have an office job. Also how soon can I start Botox as I am getting the number 11 btw brows.

Swelling after rhinoplasty

+1
Dear Eli2012,

• It is still early to tell how the nose will look
  • If there was more work and more grafts placed on one side compared to the other, it will be more swollen
  • You can tape at home and when you sleep if you like
  • You can get Botox anytime 2-3 weeks after surgery depending on your swelling

Nima Shemirani

Questions regarding appearance following revision rhinoplasty

+1
  • I believe you could have your Botox injections at any time and this will not affect your rhinoplasty result. From the photographs and appears like you're result is quite good. Both sides of your nose to not always well equally and it may take more time to achieve the result you're looking for I am unsure as to how long it is been censure revision procedure. I would discuss this all with your plastic surgeon.

William G. Hart Jr., MD
Saint Louis Plastic Surgeon