Is It Normal for the Nostrils to Appear Bigger After Septorhinoplasy?

I has septorhinoplasty 4 days ago and I have noticed that both nostrils now appear much larger than they were is this normal

After septorhinoplasty: on the 4th day, I would expect the nostrils to be swollen and dilated

+1

Do not worry!  No nose was ever at its best -- or represents the final result -- at four days after rhinoplasty surgery. 

I am sure your plastic surgeon will reaffirm that. 

For certain, as swelling goes down, the dilatation of the nostrils will reduce, the diameter will become smaller, and you will be more comfortable.

Remember that it takes 3-4 months for most of the basic healing to take place in rhinoplasty surgery, just as it does in any body surgery, whether it be: 

• Hernia repair
  • Breast augmentation
  • Breast reduction
  • Face and neck lift
  • Chin augmentation

One hundred days after surgery is Nature's magic number!

Robert Kotler, MD, FACS
Facial Plastic Surgeon
Author, SECRETS OF A BEVERLY HILLS COSMETIC SURGEON