Is This Normal for a Post 2 Weeks Breasts Augmentations? I'm Afraid I Have a Capsule Breasts on my Right Side. (photo)

29 years old 2 kids - breastfeed 5.4" 112 pound 375 cc had an empty c size before .

Too early for capsular contracture

Your implant position is too high and will not drop by message. Your before pictures would have been helpful to see if you were a good candidate for augmentation only. Your implants do not expand the lower pole of the breast and waiting will not change that. The best option is the reevaluate your before pictures and consider revision ( breast lift in addition to the pocket revision)

New Orleans Plastic Surgeon

3901 Veterans Blvd
Metairie, LA 70002

As capsular contractures do not occur in the first two weeks after breast augmentation.

The cells that cause capsular contracture do not show up for weeks after a breast augmentation. Firmness of the breast in the perioperative period is a consequence of swelling.

365 East Paces Ferry Road, NE
Atlanta, GA 30305

Postop Shape after Breast Augmentation

Although there are no preop photos, it appears to me that a better result could've been achieved with a lift (mastopexy) as well, albeit with more scars and expense.  If the implants were subpectoral, it can take a few weeks for them to fall and look less swollen in the upper pole.  Hope this helps.

Peter J. Simon, MD
Fort Lauderdale Plastic Surgeon

3201 North Federal Highway
Fort Lauderdale, FL 33306

Two weeks post breast augmentation

It looks like your implant are a bit high at two weeks, and it looks like you  may have benefited from a lift. Of course preop photos would be nice and an exam in person would be helpful. 

1049 Fifth Ave
New York, NY 10028

Breast Enhancement

Hard to give you a definite answer and solution. I agree your implants are high, I would like to see a before picture to see if you would have benefited from a lift which is not too late to do

Ryan Neinstein, MD, FRCSC

214 Sullivan St
New York, NY 10012

2 weeks post breast augmentation

It is difficult to tell by photos wheather a capsule is starting to form or not. You should return to operating surgeon to make assesment and reccomend treatment

Scott Loessin, MD
Key West Plastic Surgeon

3140 Northside Drive
Key West, FL 33040

Capsular contracture vs lift?

I can certainly see your concerns.  However, you are early in the healing process and it is important that you follow directions of your plastic surgeon precisely.  Let him/her know about your concerns.  The implants begin to descend about 3 weeks.  If they do, then the space that is void of implant will be filled.  I would not be thinking about revisions until you allow enough time for the healing to occur. In the even that they do not descend, I think you may have to think about a breast lift. At two weeks the capsule is not fully formed. Only way to know is an in-person exam.

Raj S. Ambay, MD

27716 Cashford Cir
Wesley Chapel, FL 33544

Two weeks after surgery, questions regarding your post-op course should be addressed with your surgeon

Only your surgeon knows exactly what you discussed pre-op, and therefore what surgical plan was undertaken.  It is extremely important that you discuss your concerns with your surgeon - advice from surgeons who do not know what your desires were pre-op, what exactly was done at surgery, etc. will only serve to damage the relationship between you and your operating surgeon at this point in your post-op course.

W. Tracy Hankins, MD

2150 South Rainbow
Las Vegas, NV 89146

Post breast augmentation

Your implants are high and should descend with time and massage.  It is too early for a capsule contracture.  Discuss massage and possible breast band with your surgeon.  Donald R. Nunn MD  Atlanta Plastic Surgeon.

Donald Nunn, MD

5673 Peachtree Dunwoody Rd NE
Atlanta, GA 30342-5029

Early Capsular Contracture After Breast Augmentation

Thank you for the question and the photos. You are very early on in your post operative course. At this point your tissues are tight and swollen. This may take up to 3 months to resolve. During this time the inflammation in your breasts will decrease slowly, the soft tissues will also stretch and accommodate thus allowing the implants to fall into their desired position.

Continue to follow up with your surgeon and follow their post operative instructions. You may want to inquire about the use of a compressive band that is placed in the upper pole of the breasts to aid the implants descend into position as well as massaging if you are not already doing so.

I hope this helps. Best of luck.

Pedro M. Soler, Jr., MD

4144 North Armenia Ave
Tampa, FL 33607