Is It Normal for a Nose to Feel Sore the Next Day After Massaging It?

Im almost 3 months post op and I massage my nose almost every night as my surgeon recommended. However, I wake up some mornings and it feels a lot more sore? Is this okay and normal? Am I doing any harm to it? Thank you

+2

Dear Jd,

Thank you for your question.  As long as you are doing gentle massage to the nose you are not hurting it.  It is common to have soreness even this far out.  It takes 6 months to a year for your nose to feel completely normal.

Best Wishes,

Pablo Prichard, MD

Phoenix Plastic Surgeon

Sensitivity of the nose after rhinoplasty

+2

After a rhinoplasty, it is quite common to have days when your nose feels particularly sore. There are a lot of nerves in the nasal region, and they can take some time to settle down after the surgery. 

Jamil Asaria, MD
Toronto Facial Plastic Surgeon