Is It Normal for my Nostrils to Look Huge 24 Days After a Rhinoplasty/septoplasty? (photo)

I had a rhinoplasty/septoplasty 24 days ago and my nose looked good right after the splint came off but now my nose looks upturned, the space between the nostrils is still crooked, and my nostrils look huge. I had the surgery to reduce the nostrils and correct the crookedness. I am starting to regret getting surgery at all.

Is it normal for my nostrils to look huge 24 days after a rhinoplasty/septoplasty?

+1

24 days is still very soon after surgery and you still have a good amount of healing to do. The final result may  not be evident for 18-24 months following your procedure. Swelling following surgery can create the appearance of asymmetry and irregularities. From here, I would recommend waiting a bit and seeing how you heal. Your surgeon will be able to answer any questions you have in the meantime. I hope this helps, and I wish you the best of luck with the remainder of your recovery.

Is It Normal for my Nostrils to Look Huge 24 Days After a Rhinoplasty/septoplasty?

+1

The nose can be markedly swollen at this early stage.  The one view does not look particularly concerning, but other views would be more helpful along with preoperative views.  Kenneth Hughes, MD Los Angeles, CA

Nostril Size days after Rhinoplasty and Septoplasty

+1

24 days is still very early after rhinoplasty or septoplasty. The skin and nose may swell more once the splint comes off. Keep in mind only about 80% of the swelling goes away after several weeks, and normally take several months or a year to appreciate "final" results. Speak with your rhinoplasty surgeon regarding any questions or concerns regarding your plastic surgery. Best of luck.

Dr. Chaboki

Houtan Chaboki, MD
Washington DC Facial Plastic Surgeon

Rhinoplasty and results

+1

You have to give your nose time to heal before considering anything else. It is still swollen from surgery.

Nose can look upturned soon after rhinoplasty.

+1

Hi.

I don't see a big problem in your photo.  Your nose will probably look good in a couple of months.

George J. Beraka, MD (retired)

Nose swelling once nasal splint was removed.

+1

More than likely what you are experiencing is normal and will get better over time. You need to give it a chance to heal.   Once the splint is removed there is always some rebound in swelling.  

Looking well after the spllint comes off

+1

If your rhinoplasty was carefully planned and it looked well when the splint came off chances are good that all will be well when healing is complete. The splint will control swelling and give an early indication that you are off to a good start.

Uneven nostrils, upturned

+1

If your nose looked good right after the splint came off then it most likely will get back to that as time goes on. Be patient as you are early in the course of healing.

Michael L. Schwartz, MD
West Palm Beach Facial Plastic Surgeon

Don't be critical of nostril appearance 24 days after rhinoplasty.

+1

You are less than four weeks after the operation with a sizable amount of swelling. It's too early to throw in the towel on the results. Visit your plastic surgeon and discuss your concerns.