Is It Normal for my Lower Eyelid to Bleed Two Weeks After CO2 Laser Resurfacing? (photo)

I had upper and lower blepharoplasty and CO2 laser of lower lid 14 days ago. I have been keeping the area slathered with Vaseline continuously. Today as I was dabbing wet cotton ball on my eyes after waking up and the cotton ball came away bloody. After the bleeding stopped it looks like the whole top layer of my skin came off. I was not rubbing, just gently dabbing. I am too nervous to dab or blot the area after washing my face for fear I will accidentally tear more skin away. What do I do?

Bleeding two weeks after resurfacing

+1

As is often my answer, I think it is best to check with your doctor, since you trusted that person sufficiently to do your procedure.  That said, I think you will likely be fine.  I would recommend keeping the area dry until a little more healing has occurred.  Good luck!

Saint Petersburg Oculoplastic Surgeon