It is Normal For My Breasts to Look Different From Each Other 6 Weeks Post Breast Aug? (photo)

6 weeks ago I had breast augmentation...325cc smooth round under the muscle. My right breast has dropped significantly and when I lay on my back it kind of rolls into my armpit. My left breast is noticeably higher and just a completely different shape. Is this normal. My ps is very dismissive of my concerns and tells me to just give it more time. Meanwhile, it is hard to find bras that fit properly since my breasts are completely mismatching. Thanks in advance for your advice.

Failure of Breast Implant Descent

+1

It usually takes about 4-5 weeks following breast augmentation for implants to descend and fall into place. Occasionally, an implant may fail to descend into place. This can either be simply due to an implant pocket that is slightly different on each side, pre-existing breast asymmetry, or possibly even an early breast capsular contracture. Most likely, this will require surgical intervention to fix, but I would wait a minimum of 3 months (preferably 6 months) before going back in.

Asymmetry 6 weeks following Breast Augmentation

+1

Pre op photos are always helpful in these cases.  But, based on your post op photo, it appears that your left implant is in a higher position than your right.  The fact that your right implant is displacing into your right armpit adds credence to implant pocket asymmetry.  This would require a revision.  I would wait 6 months following your first surgery to perform the revision .

Scott Chapin, MD
Philadelphia Plastic Surgeon

It is Normal For My Breasts to Look Different From Each Other 6 Weeks Post Breast Aug?

+1

The photos shows a poor result for symmetry based ONLY upon the post operative photo. A before photo would help. But revision is needed sooner than later, like at 4 months post op. Sorry for your issues. Seek second opinions in person from boarded PSs in your area. 

Breast Asymmetry after Breast Augmentation?

+1

Some degree of breast asymmetry is to be expected after breast augmentation surgery. However, based on your picture and description, your asymmetry is more than I would expect at this point. Again, based on your description, I'm concerned about the possibility of breast implant displacement laterally  on your right side. If this is the case, revisionary surgery may be necessary in the future.

I would suggest further time (at least 3 months) to allow for complete healing/settling of breast implants to occur before evaluating the potential need for further surgery. In the meantime, continue to follow-up with your plastic surgeon.