Is It Normal for Milk to Leak After a BA?

I had a BA about 2 weeks ago; I have had 3 follow up visits with my PS and everything is good! My left side has been slightly more swollen and sore than the right and while doing the massages this morning I noticed a couple of drops of milk leaking. Last tiime I was pregnant was over 24 years ago!

Breast leakage after implants from nipple

+2

SOme women do have spontaneous nipple discharge after breast surgery. If it persists it may be a good idea to see your surgeon or OB/GYN.

Breast milk leaking is normal after augmentation

+2

Even after 24 years, women can experience milk leaking from the nipple after breast augmentation.  It is not all that common, but it is not surprising.  This usually resolves in a few weeks and seems to have no long term consequence.

Michael S. Hopkins, MD
Albuquerque Plastic Surgeon

Discharge after Breast Augmentation Surgery

+2

Yes, it is normal to have temporary discharge from the nipple after breast surgery.  This should resolve in a few weeks.  If it persists, a visit to your OBGYN may be indicated.

Milk leaking after Breast Augmentation

+2

This will occasionally happen after breast augmentation and is transient and should stop within a few weeks in most cases. If it lasts longer than that it is worth going back to your surgeon for an evaluation.

Larry S. Nichter, MD, MS, FACS

Breast Augment

+1

Yes, this is normal I warn all patients if it is malodorous or bloody I send the patients to a breast surgeon also if it does not stop I refer them as well

Ryan Neinstein, MD, FRCSC

Milk production after breast augmentation surgery

+1

It's is not common but not unheard of to have the breast lactating after undergoing a breast augmentation. It usually is minimal and last a few weeks. If it persists it would be wise to see ones OBGYN doctore.

Tal T. Roudner, MD, FACS
Coral Gables Plastic Surgeon