Is It Normal for a Implant to Be Moving to the Arm Pit?

It's been two weeks since my surgery and my right implant is moving further in to my arm pit. I can also feel the implant through my skin near the incision which was done on the underside of my breast. Is this something I need to be concerned about or is this normal?

Breast Implant Moving to Side?

+1

It would be in your best interest to discuss your concerns with your plastic surgeon in person. It may be that  the use of a supportive bra and or supportive dressings may be helpful at this point. In the longer term, if the breast implant continues to displace laterally (and significantly), revisionary breast surgery may be necessary.

Implant and position

+1

The implant should not be trending toward your armpit. It sounds like the pocket may be too big. At two weeks sometimes you can prevent this from worsening, however it is best to see your surgeon. good luck.

Implant should not be moving toward your armpit

+1

Hard for us to know exactly just what is up, but no, your implant should not be moving up into your armpit. We like to see the implant centered and stable within the breast. You might feel an implant in an area where the breast is thin, but if things don't look right have your surgeon see you.

Implant Moving To Armpit

+1

After breast augmentation it is normal to have a gradual recovery. Typically the implants are placed beneath the muscle so the implants can be high as the muscle pushes them upwards. As the muscle stretches the implants drop or settle. Breast implants in the armpit  are not normal. It is probably ok and I recommend waiting. Most of the time settling will make a big difference.

Christopher Saunders, MD
West Chester Plastic Surgeon