Is it normal for 2 breasts of the same person to differ significantly in recovery?

I had 375cc silicone submuscular implants to cup size aa done 3 weeks ago. The right side was less painful and seem to have settled nicely. The left side is still more painful, I am unable to lift my arm normally. It is a lot bigger on the upper area and towards the armpit. Is this still swelling that will subside? Is it normal for the 2 breasts to differ so significantly in recovery period?

Post op asymmetry

+1

It is really too soon post-op to assess a final outcome. As hard as it is, please be patient and let the swelling resolve and the implants drop. That being said if the swelling gets worse one might fear a hematoma so if it worsens check in with your PS. Best of luck.

Wellesley Plastic Surgeon

Different recovery in the 2 breats after augmentation

+1

It is not uncommon for both sides to recover slightly differently. However, more prominent swelling and pain on one side may indicate a haematoma (bleeding) on that side. Most os these will resolve and improve over time however you should check with your PS.

Jake Lim, MBBS, FRACS
Sydney Plastic Surgeon