Is It Normal for One Breast to Still Be Larger After 2 1/2 Weeks Breast Aug/Mastopexy ?

I am 2 1/2 weeks post Breast Augmentation and Mastopexy. My left breast had more pain,swelling and bruising right after surgery. At my 1 week f/u appt with my PS, he assured me that it looked great and he wasn't concerned with the uneven swelling. It has improved since that appointment, but it's been a slow improvement. I have my 1 month f/u in another 1 1/2 weeks. Is most of the swelling expected to be gone by 4 weeks ?Should I be worried at that appt if they aren't the same size yet ?

Asymmetry 2.5 weeks after breast augmentation with lift

+1

It is very common to have breast asymmetry 2 1/2 weeks after breast augmentation, especially with a mastopexy.  It will take several months for your implants to "settle" and for you to heal. I suggest you keep all you follow up appointments with your plastic surgeon and follow their advice.

Fresno Plastic Surgeon

+1

To start off, the majority of women have asymmetric breasts and most do not realize it until the asymmetry is quite significant. As a result, adding the same size implant to different breasts results in more noticeable asymmetry. Combine the enhanced asymmetry after the surgery with the natural tendency to frequently inspect the breasts after the surgery especially when enhanced by asymmetric swelling or greater tenderness on one side than the other and the common "Why are my breasts so different after Breast Augmentation?" question is asked.

Ask to see your before pictures and compare them to your present appearance. That will often answer the question.

Good Luck.

Swelling of breasts

+1

Breast swelling will vary and may take a few months for things to settle down.  At this point yo have to give it time.

Symmetry after Breast/Augmentation?

+1

It may be several months before you see the final results of surgery after breast augmentation/mastopexy. At that point ( approximately 6 months after surgery),  most of the changes that will occur have done so and it will be more realistic to evaluate the end results of surgery,  including symmetry.

Keep in mind, that  absolute symmetry is unlikely.  Most patients begin and end up with some degree of breast asymmetry especially after complex surgery such as breast augmentation/mastopexy.

I ask all my patients to keep in mind that the breast will be “sisters not identical twins”... Snowflakes,  each one different...