Is It Normal for Breast Reduction Swelling to Pool to Abdomen? (photo)

I'm 31 years old recently had 38dd breasts reduced by 386gm/363gm 10 days ago. My symptomatic constipation has long been resolving now. I've not taken my pain MedS in 72hrs. I've upped my Tylenol in past 24 hours. My abdomen is significantly larger but my bowels are moving. My diet hasn't changed, etc. etc.......is the pooling of breast swelling to torso normal? & if so how long does it take to clear? Thank you.

Abdominal swelling after reduction surgery

+1

Diffuse swelling can occur but it should be transient.  Constipation is usually the culprit but you say your bowels are working.  If that is the case, this should resolve but keep your surgeon in the loop.

Is It Normal for Breast Reduction Swelling to Pool to Abdomen?

+1

Congratulations on having undergone the breast reduction procedure. Yes, it is quite common for swelling/inflammation from the breast area to travel “south” to the abdominal wall area. Of course, your plastic surgeon will always be your best resource when it comes to specific advice/reassurance.