Is It Normal for my Breast to Look This Way 5 Days Post Op? (photo)

I just had surgery and had a bilateral breast augmentation with smooth rnd mod plus profile saline. My right breast was about 50cc larger than my left according to my doctor . The left had 500 and right 475 both over filled to 585 and 535 submuscular placement through inframammary fold. I have been using the ace bandage under my compression bra the whole time minus my showers . After augmentation is it normal for my breasts to looks this way? Will I have a full lower pole and good breast shape

Too Early Too Tell.

+1

Although your concerns are well founded, five days post-op is too early to predict the final result. You will settle quite a bit, particularly if you are wearing the superior Ace wrap. It looks as though you have quite a bit of muscle spasm ( the flatness just above the areola) that is holding your implants up and constant pressure will help overcome it. Follow-up with your surgeon and express your concerns. Good Luck!

Vacaville Plastic Surgeon

High Implants following Breast Augmentation

+1

It is completely normal for implants to be positioned high immediately following breast augmentation.  Over the next several weeks, the implants will slowly fall into a lower position as your skin and muscle stretch and relax.  You should have a general idea of your final result by 6 to 12 weeks postoperatively.

I recommend that you continue wearing the ace bandage as prescribed by your doctor and make sure that you follow up with your surgeon as recommended.  If you are particularly concerned or anxious, don't hesitate to contact the doctor's office before your next scheduled appointment.

In the meantime, try to relax and be patient.  Best of luck.

Jaime Perez, M.D.

Breast Augmentation Specialist in Tampa, FL

Plastic Surgery Center of Tampa, FL

Web reference: http://www.jaimeperezmd.com

5 days post op Breast Surgery

+1

Thank you for your question and your photos.

I agree that it is too early to predict your end result at this point.  Breast Implants ride high and need time to settle into the pocket.

Keep your follow up appointments with your surgeon and with time, you should see the implants settle into the pockets.

Best Wishes!

Web reference: http://www.poustiplasticsurgery.com/Procedures/procedure_breastaugmentation.htm

Post op appearance

+1

It is not possible to predict your end results at 5 days after surgery. The implants are always high at this point after submuscular placement. Take another photo at one month to see the difference and follow up with your surgeon.