It is Normal to Feel Like You Are Breastfeeding After Breast Surgery?

1 month after breast lift with implants, it feels like i am breastfeeding, i feel the same sensation as if my milk was coming, is this normal, and itchy around the scars.

Sensation of breastfeeding after iimplants

+1

Hi lunamaguay,

Many of my patients describe the feeling after breast augmentation as similar to when their milk "came in" for breastfeeding.  This will subside, but may take a bit longer.  It is also common to have that itchy sensation around the scars.  If it is OK with your plastic surgeon, a moisturizing lotion or aloe vera gel work well for that.  Good luck.

Milwaukee Plastic Surgeon

Sensations after breast lift

+1

It is quite common for the breasts to feel like they are engorged when it is really jsut swelling. This will take several weeks to settle down.

Is it Normal to Feel Like You Are Breastfeeding After Breast Surgery?Answer:

+1

Yes it is normal and at times there may be a little discharge as well...The implant puts pressure on your breast tissue and gives you that engorged feeling...And that swelling can also stimulate breast tissue to express fluid....But it's all normal...

John J. Corey, MD
Phoenix Plastic Surgeon

Breast Augmentation and Postop Sensations?

+1

Yes, I have had several patients describe the post-breast augmentation sensations  similar to what you have described. These patient states that they feel “engorged”. These sensations will subside over the course of several weeks.

Continue to follow-up with your plastic surgeon.