Hard Ball in the Lower Abdomen 8 Weeks After Tummy Tuck Surgery?

I had a tummy tuck with an umbilical hernia repair 8 weeks ago. I was told by my doctor that after 4 weeks I could lay flat without the binder on. Since I have been doing that I will wake up in the middle of the night stretching. My abdomen will get real tight and I will be crunched up.My ab muscles seem to do it automatically. I have had sharp pains below my belly button and small marked swelling in that area that goes away. I now have a hard ball and the swelling seems to be constant. Is this normal?

Hard ball-like mass in lower abdomen after tummy tuck

It is difficult to ascertain from your description if this is normal abdominal muscle spasms which are quite common following tummy tuck or a small hematoma with subsequent fibrosis causing the sensation of a mss. If it is the former, it will intermittently appear and disappear whereas the latter tends to be persistent.