Hard Ball in the Lower Abdomen 8 Weeks After Tummy Tuck Surgery?

I had a tummy tuck with an umbilical hernia repair 8 weeks ago. I was told by my doctor that after 4 weeks I could lay flat without the binder on. Since I have been doing that I will wake up in the middle of the night stretching. My abdomen will get real tight and I will be crunched up.My ab muscles seem to do it automatically. I have had sharp pains below my belly button and small marked swelling in that area that goes away. I now have a hard ball and the swelling seems to be constant. Is this normal?

Hard ball-like mass in lower abdomen after tummy tuck

+1

It is difficult to ascertain from your description if this is normal abdominal muscle spasms which are quite common following tummy tuck or a small hematoma with subsequent fibrosis causing the sensation of a mss. If it is the former, it will intermittently appear and disappear whereas the latter tends to be persistent.