Is It Normal to Feel Ok Soon After Breast Augmentation?

I know this sounds silly and I'm not complaining but I had my breast augmentation 6 days ago and basically feel fine. Some soreness and achy ness but nothing major. Is this normal? Am I just waiting for it to get worse? Silicone implants under the muscle. It just seems from reading I should feel worse then I do.

Doing well after surgery

+1

Each person recovers at their own pace.  It is perfectly normal for you to feel good! Do keep in mind though that you are still recovering and don't push yourself too much.  Best of luck!

Katy Plastic Surgeon

+1

Recovery after breast augmentation varies, and you are one of the fortunate people who heal well with minimal pain.  Congratulations!  No worries, nothing wrong!

Amy T. Bandy, DO, FACS
Newport Beach Plastic Surgeon

Your results are very normal.

+1

Your results are very normal. I frequently have breast augmentation patients who take a total of one or 2 pain pills after surgery. The key is precise, gentle dissection and the liberal use of long-acting local anesthesia. If you're feeling well at this point, I doubt you'll have more pain later.

John Squires, MD
Denver Plastic Surgeon

Feeling great after a breast augmentation! #breastimplants

+1

It is not abnormal at all. I find that many of my patients have far less pain than they expected after their breast augmentation surgery. Everybody heals at different rates and everybody has a different pain threshold. This is not a sign that you should go out and be too active however. Allow your body the time period to heal that your surgeon has discussed with you.

Richard J. Brown, MD

Recovery from Breast Augmentation

+1

Your situation is not unusual in my practice.  Everyone has a different pain tolerance.  The size of the implant used can also make a difference.  The first three days tend to be the worst.  I think you are doing well but be careful of doing too much even though you don't have any discomfort. 

Thomas P. McHugh, MD

Recovery after Breast Augmentation

+1

Everyone heals at a different rate, and everyone handles pain differently. With that being said, after the first few days you will start to feel better (once the initial shock of anesthesia wears off your body). It is my experience that post-operative patients on day 3 typically start to feel better, and most dont require perscription pain medication after this point. Although you are feeling better overall, internally your body is still recovering so I caution you not to do too much. No heavy lifting or strenuous activities that could put your recovery in jeopardy. Congratulations on your successful surgery and smooth recovery.

I hope this helps you and good luck

Fadi Chahin MD, FACS

Plastic and Reconstructive Surgery

Diplomat, American Board of Surgery

Diplomat, American Board of Plastic Surgery

Fadi Chahin, MD, FACS

Rapid recovery after breast augmentation

+1

Everyone will follow their own healing curve after breast augmentation, however the recovery can reflect the surgeons technique. With a precise pocket and well selected implant rapid recovery is possible, so great for you!

Feeling fine after surgery

+1

Everyone recovers differently.  In my many years of practice I have never been able to determine why some patients come in after surgery and don't need so much as a Tylenol while others may be miserable for a week.  Be glad that you are in the former rather than the latter group!!  If you haven't had any discomfort by this point then you probably won't.

Edwin C. Pound, III, MD

6 Days after Breast Augmentation and Feeling Good

+1

You will likely continue in your course.  In general, most patients have 3 or 4 days of spasm.  However, the size of the patient, the anatomy, the size of the implant, and individual pain tolerance factors impact the recovery process.  Kenneth Hughes, MD Los Angeles, CA

Is it Normal to Feel Good Quickly After Breast Augmentation?

+1

Congrats to you!  Every patient heals at a different rate.  Many of our patients go back to work 4 to 6 days after Breast Augmentation.

Robert E. Zaworski, MD