Is It Normal to Just Be Experiencing Pec Muscle Twitches at 3 Months?

13 weeks ago I had 450cc silicone under the muscle, taking me from a B cup to full D cup. My left breast dropped about two weeks ago and that's when it started twitching. Now, the last couple of days, my right breast seems to be descending downward and also has begun twitching! I am feeling no pain and my recovery has been very smooth. Should I be concerned???

Muscle twitching after breast implants

It is very common to have muscle twitching after surgery.  Each patient is different, and you have already noticed a pattern with your own breasts.  If everything else seems to be going in the right direction, it does nto seem time to be alarmed.  Please let your board certified plastic surgeon know what is going on.

Twitch post aug

As long as there is no fever or displacement I would rthink it will be self limiting so put yoiur mind at ease.

Robert Brueck, MD
Fort Myers Plastic Surgeon

Muscle spasms after sub-muscular breast augmentation

When the muscles are elevated they are stretched and also partially released.  As the implants settle the muscles are further stretched.  This can cause what you experience as twitching.  You may want to ask your doctor about a mild muscle relaxant.  You can also try gradual and easy pectoralis exercises to try to smooth out the stretching muscle fibers.